With numbers holding high and steady, there was a good demand for strong cattle, according to Muiréad Burke of Maam Cross.
Dry cows topped out at €1835, while store weanlings peaked at €3.29/kg.
- Dry cows averaged €1.87/kg to €2.17/kg to a max of €1,835 for an 8-year-old SI dry cow;
- Suckler cow and calf pairings averaged €2.03/kg to €2.50/kg to a max of €1,900 for a CH cow with CH heifer calf 1-month-old;
- Heifers averaged €2.41/kg to € 2.98/kg to a max of €1,350 for a 630kg CH heifer;
- Bullocks averaged €2.45/kg to €2.52/kg to a max of €1,240 for a 494kg CH bullock;
- Bull Weanlings averaged €2.89/kg to €3.28/kg with a max price of €1,100 for a 400kg LM.
Sheep numbers were up this week with prices to match, Muiréad Burke said. With genuine Blackface and crossbred stock on display, hoggets averaged €73, while lambs averaged €75/head.
- Lambs - Blackface and cross-breds averaged €73 a max price of €110/head Blackface ewe lambs;
- Hoggets averaged €66 to a max price of €90 for 1 weather hogget
- Ewes (lambs at foot); averaged €105 to a max €220/head for 1 crossbred ewe with 2 ewe lambs at foot;
- Dry ewes averaged €71 to €110/head for 3 ewe hoggets, dry, Blackface.
The mart would like to encourage our sellers to book in their stock so buyers can be informed of entries.
Sheep and Cattle sold every Saturday with sheep first at 11 am and cattle after. The next pony sale will take place on July, 6th, 2018 with limited lots. Please note the time change to 6 pm for the ponies. Please contact the office on (091) 552 254 or email firstname.lastname@example.org