Heifers hit €2.55/kg, bull weanlings peaked at €3.37/kg and bullocks climbed to €2.82/kg. Lambs ranged from €66-€75, while ewes realised €100.
Another good entry – both sheep and cattle – went under the hammer at Maam Cross Mart last Saturday, according to mart spokesperson.
- Cows made from €1.50/kg to €1.96/kg to a max of €1070 for a February-2012-born LM;
- Heifers pushed from €2.35/kg to €2.55/kg to a max of €1300 for an April-2017-born CH weighing 592kg;
- Bull Weanlings sold from €2.45/kg to €3.37/kg with a max price of €1,060 for an April-2018-born LM weighing 420kgs;
- Bullocks fetched from €2.61/kg to €2.82/kg to a max of €935 for a May-2018-born weighing 332kgs.
- Lambs - Blackface and crossbreds sold from €66 to a max price of €75 for x30 Blackface ewe lambs;
- Hoggets went under the hammer from €83 to a max price of €140;
- Ewes averaged €81 to a max of €100;
- Ewes with lambs at foot ranged from €143 to €180 for 2 ewes and 4 lambs.