Prices & Pictures: Cows sold to €960, bullocks hit €935, bull weanlings peaked at €990 and breeding bulls realised €1,260. Lambs climbed to €85, while dry ewes fetched up to €100.
Another “good entry” of cattle and sheep went under the hammer at Maam Cross Mart, according to a spokesperson.
- Cows sold from €1.52/kg to €2.02/kg to a max of €960 for a May-2009-born SAX up her time up in 2-weeks to a PB LM;
- Suckler pairings made from €1.50/kg to €1.77/kg with max price of €1,400 for a 2006-born CH cow - suitable to breed again with her January-2018-born CH bull calf at foot;
- Heifers pushed from €2.24/kg to €2.84/kg to a max of €955 for a May-2017-born LM;
- Bullocks clicked from €2.70/kg to €2.75/kg with a max price of €935 for a 338kg for a January-2018-born CH;
- Bull Weanlings made from €2.28/kg to €2.97/kg with a max price of €990/hd for 2 CH - 379kg – born in May and June-2018;
- Breeding bulls ranged from €1.96/kg to €2.43/kg to a max of €1,260 for an October-2016-born LM - 594kg.
- Lambs - Blackface and cross-breds sold from €66 to a max price of €85 for x4 pedigree Cheviot ram lambs;
- Hoggets went under the hammer from €65 to a max price of €112;
- Dry ewes varied from €72 to a max of €100 for x 2 crossbreds - suitable for breeding;
- Ewes with lambs at foot ranged from €157/hd to a max of €180 for 1 ewe with 2 Blackface lambs;
- Rams sold from €58 to a max of €110 for a 2-year-old Suffolk.
Image source: Maam Cross Mart