Cull cows hit €1,700, suckler pairings topped out at €1,450, heifers sold to €990 and bullocks realised €2.44/kg.
With "small numbers and great quality, Maam Cross last weekend had another high clearance of both sheep and cattle" on Saturday (June 22nd).Cattle
- Cull cows pushed from €1.56/kg to €1.88/kg to a max of €1,700 for a 2010-born CH weighing 1,004kgs;
- Suckler pairings made up to €1,450 – a price that was paid for a 2011-born BB cow with a LM bull calf at foot;
- Heifers sold from €2.10 - €2.71/kg to a max of €990 for a November-2017-born CH weighing 452kgs;
- Bull Weanlings fetched from €2.42/kg - €2.75/kg with a max price of €900 for an October-2018-born CH weighing 406kg;
- Bullocks reached from €2.23/kg - €2.44/kg to a max of €1,100 for a July-2018-born CH weighing 450kg;
- Heavier bulls moved from €1.51/kg - €1.60/kg to a max of €1,085 for a May-2016-born LM bull weighing 675kg.
- Hoggets averaged €76 to a max price of €120;
- X7 Blackface ewe hoggets with lambs at foot achieved €117;
- X20 Ewes with 2 lambs at foot topped out at €152.