Maam Cross Mart had “another high clearance of good quality sheep and cattle,” on Saturday (June 15th), according to a spokesperson.
“Numbers were back slightly but still good for the time of year.”
- Cows sold from €1.64/kg to €2.17/kg to a max of €1,425 for a 2008-born CH weighing 806kg;
- Suckler pairings hit €1,560 - a price that was paid for a 2007-born BB with a pedigree CH bull calf; running with PB CH bull, no guarantee;
- Heifers climbed from €2.24/kg to €3.66/kg with a top price of €1,090 for a May-2016-born SP weighing 580kg;
- Bull Weanlings made from €2.54/kg to €2.93/kg with a max price of €1,060 for an April-2018-born CH weighing 402kg;
- Bullocks pushed from €2.12/kg to €2.59/kg to a max of €1,110 for a July-2018 born CH weighing 428kg.
- Lambs went under the hammer from €87- €97;
- Hoggets sold from €78-€115;
- Ewes with lambs at foot fetched from €100-€130.