With numbers holding steady, Maam Cross mart had another high clearance of good quality sheep and cattle on Saturday (July 6th), according to a spokesperson.
Sheep were a "flying trade", with heavy lambs hitting €90, with light entries averaging €60.
- Cull cows pushed from €1.48/kg to €1.70/kg to a max of €800 for a 2016-born HE cow - 468kg;
- Suckler pairings sold to €1,240 - a price that was paid for a 2012-born BB cow with LM heifer calf at foot;
- Heifers made from €2.11/kg to €2.75/kg to a max of €1,370 for a 710kg, June-2016-born Charolais heifer;
- Bull weanlings fetched from €2.24/kg to €2.65/kg with a max price of €700 for a 264kg, June-2018-born Limousin.
- Lambs went under the hammer from €70 - €94;
- Ewes ranged from €74 - €87;
- Ewes with lambs at foot sold from €84 - €90.