Prices held very well, with a great demand for stock on Saturday at Maam Cross, according to Muiréad Burke.
- Dry cows averaged €1.55/kg to €1.69/kg to a max of €1,150 for a dry SIM cow, - born March-2013 - 680kg;
- Suckler pairings averaged €2.24/kg to €2.24/kg to a max of €1,260 for a 3-year-old CH cow with SAX heifer calf at foot.
- Heifers averaged €2.40/kg to €2.85/kg to a max of €1,110 for a 484kg CH heifer - born April-2016;
- Bullocks averaged €2.54/kg to €2.80/kg to a max of €875/hd for three 312kg CH bullocks, all born in April-2017;
- Bull weanlings averaged €2.65/kg to €3.33/kg with a max price of €870 for a 362kg CH - born September-2017.
Sheep numbers increased slightly, however; prices were strong, Muiréad Burke said. Ewes peaked at Saturday’s sale at €110/head.
- Lambs - Blackface and cross-breds averaged €62 a max price of €106/hd for 3 ram lambs - 53kg;
- Hoggets averaged €91 to a max price of €110/hd for 7 ewe hoggs
- Ewes (lambs at foot); averaged €90 to a max €101 for 1 texel ewe, broken mouth with 1 ewe lamb at foot;
- Dry ewes averaged €46 to €55/head for 1 cull ewe.
The management at Maam Cross Mart wishes to encourage their sellers to book in their stock so that they can inform buyers of numbers. Sheep and Cattle sold every Saturday with sheep first at 11am and cattle after. The next pony sale takes place on August, 3rd with limited lots.Please contact the office on (091) 552 254 or 087 77 14 555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.