With a smaller entry on offer, trade remained steady at Maam Cross Mart on Saturday (July 27th), according to a spokesperson.
- Cull cows pushed from €1.13/kg to €1.40/kg to a max of €1,050 for a 2011-born AA;
- Suckler pairings sold to €1,590 - a 2014-born SAX cow with a LM bull calf at foot (cow was milk tested 3 weeks ago, back in-calf);
- Heifers went under the hammer from €1.95/kg to €2.15/kg to a max of €1,100 for an April-2018-born CH, weighing 584kg;
- Bull weanlings made from €2.22/kg to €2.47/kg with a max price of €800 for two February-2019-born CH, weighing 320kg;
- Bullocks ranged from €2.17/kg to €2.48/kg with a max of €1080 for a September-2017-born AA weighing, 662kg.
“Our sheep numbers are on the rise, with over 5 lines on show. Sheep were a flying trade, with factory lambs hitting €93 and light ones averaging €55.”
- Lambs traded at €55-€93;
- Hoggets moved from €108 to €120;
- Ewes clicked from €47-€67;
- Ewes with lambs at foot pushed from €122-€153;
- Rams made from €67-€90.