With “healthy sale numbers”, all sheep offered for sale at Maam Cross Mart on Saturday (January 19th), found new homes, while a 95% clearance was recorded in the cattle ring, according to a spokesperson.
Factory lambs were a very strong trade, with cross-bred ewe lambs – weighing 40kgs - hitting €105.
- Cows averaged €0.90/kg to €1.29/kg to a max of €1,180 for an October-2010-born LM dry cow;
- Heifers sold from €1.67/kg to €2.87/kg to a max of €700 for a May-2018-born 308kg - LM;
- Bullocks made from €1.90/kg to €2.03/kg with a max price of €800 for an April-2017-born 394kg - AA;
- Bull Weanlings fetched from €2.31/kg to €2.95/kg with a max price of €880 for a May-2018-born 412kg LM.
- Lambs - Blackface and cross-breds pushed from €85 to a max price of €121 for 1 cross-bred weather lamb;
- Hoggets ranged from €76 to a max price of €88/hd for 3 cross-bred weather hoggets;
- Ewes (Dry) averaged €65 to a max of €100/head for 10 young Blackface ewes.
- The mart takes bookings on sale days a week prior and Thursdays 4pm - 7pm. Management urges their sellers to try and book in stock so buyers can be informed of numbers.
Image source: Maam Cross Mart