110 cattle and 200 sheep went under the hammer; heifers hit €1,240, bullocks sold to €1,200 and weanlings realised €1,090. Lambs made up to €105.
With “very healthy sale numbers”, over 200 sheep and 110 cattle went under the hammer at Maam Cross Mart on Saturday (February 23rd), according to a spokesperson for the mart.
- Cull cows fetched from €1.54/kg to €2.10/kg to a max of €1,430 for a 2014-born LM;
- Heifers sold from €2.25/kg to €3.17/kg to a max of €1,240 for a 550kg LM;
- Bullocks made from €2.15/kg to €2.41/kg with a max price of €1,200 for a May-2017-born LM;
- Bull weanlings went under the hammer from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg with a max price of €1,090 forked out for an April-2018-born. LM.
- Lambs - Blackface and cross-breds ranged from €68 to €105/head;
- Hoggets ranged from €63-€100/head;
- Dry Ewes clicked from €56-€95/head;
- Rams varied from €58-€109/head.