With “healthy sale numbers” at Maam Cross Mart on Saturday (February 2nd), an 87% clearance was recorded in the cattle ring, while all sheep offered for sale found new homes, according to a mart spokesperson.
- Dry cows sold from €1.47/kg to €1.93/kg;
- Cows with calves at foot went under the hammer from €2.00-€2.02/kg to a max of €1,900 for a 2011-born Limousin cow with twin calves at foot;
- Heifers made from €2.09/kg to €2.73/kg to a max of €1,080 for a 476kg CH;
- Bullocks ranged from €2.32/kg to €2.24/kg with a max price of €745 for a March-2018-born 332kg – AA;
- Bull Weanlings pushed from €2.34/kg to €3.04/kg with a max price of €880 recorded for a May-2018 412kg - LM.
- Lambs – Blackface and cross-breds fetched from €80 to €120/head which was forked out for Suffolk lam - 9 ewes; 2 weather - 53.5kg;
- Hoggets went under the hammer from €82 to a max price of €82/head for twin ewe hoggets
- Dry ewes sold from €63 to a max of €80/head for 5 young Blackface ewes - scanned in-lamb.
- Sheep every Saturday at 11 a.m; Cattle every Saturday, at approximately 12 p.m.
- 2019 Connemara Pony Sales will be held at 12 p.m. on April 22nd; June 3rd; Sept 1st and Dec 8th – calendar of special sales available.