Pictures and prices: Cull cows sold to €1,330, heifers made up to €1,120, weanlings topped out at €1,000 & bullocks realised €1,030.
With numbers holding steady, Maam Cross Mart had another “high clearance of good quality sheep and cattle,” on Saturday (May 18th), according to a spokesperson.
- Cows sold from €1.62/kg to €1.99kg to a max of €1,330 for a 2011-born SI;
- Suckler pairings made from €2.19/kg to €2.74/kg to a max of €1,800 for a 2013-born LM cow with LM bull calf at foot;
- Heifers pushed from €2.32/kg to €3.63kg to a max of €1,120 for an April-2017-born CH weighing 506kgs;
- Weanling bulls climbed from €2.73/kg to €3.06/kg with a max price of €1,000 for an October-2018-born SAX weighing 360kgs;
- Bullocks went under the hammer from €2.76/kg to €2.94/kg to a max of €1,030.
- Lambs fetched from €66 to a max price of €104;
- Hoggets clicked from €72 to a max price of €110;
- Rams made from €72 to a max of €100;
- Ewes with lambs at foot sold from €114 to a max of €200.