Maam Cross Mart attracted a large entry of sheep and cattle, according to a spokesperson for the mart.
“Another good clearance was recorded; cows proved very strong.” The spokesperson said.
- Cows sold from €1.70/kg to €2.33/kg to a max of €1200 for a June-2012-born LM;
- Suckler pairings ranged from €2.04/kg to €2.15/kg with a max of €1,385 recorded for an April-2005-born SAX cow with CH bull calf at foot;
- Heifers made from 2.23/kg to €2.70/kg with a max price of €1140 for a January-2018-born LM weighing 430kgs;
- Bull Weanlings averaged €2.50/kg to €3.76/kg with a max price of €1065 for a May-2018-born LM weighing 442kgs;
- Bullocks fetched from €2.49/kg to €2.54/kg with €1100 forked out for a June-2018-born LM weighing 444kgs.
- Lambs - Blackface and cross-breds – went under the hammer from €58-€95;
- Hoggets ranged from €84- €129;
- Ewes varied from €55-€98;
- Ewes with lambs at foot climbed from €108 to €160.
Image source: Burke’s Livestock Mart