With cattle numbers up, prices held well at Maam Cross Mart, Bríd Burke noted. There was great demand for stock as dry cows topped out at €1,280 and heifers sold to €3.24/kg.
- Dry Cows averaged €1.80/kg to €2.36/kg to a maximum price of €1,280 for a 3-year-old LM cow, with one calf registered.
- Suckler Pairings averaged €1.72/kg to €1.84/kg to a max of €1,100 for an 11-year-old CH cow first-calver with a one-month-old CH heifer calf at foot.
- Heifers averaged €2.52/kg to € 3.24/kg to a max of €1,050 for a 390kg LM heifer, 2-years-old.
- Bull Weanlings averaged €2.65/kg to €3.29/kg with a max price of €1,100 for a 455kg BAX, 11-months-old.
Sheep numbers were up this week with prices to match, Bríd Burke noted. With genuine blackface and crossbred stock on display, hoggets traded up to a top price of €136 and dry ewes topped out at €140.
- Lambs - Blackface and cross-breds averaged €78 a max price of €110/head for 4 blackface wether lambs
- Hoggets averaged €66 to a max price of €116 for ewe hoggets, scanned with singles
- Ewes (lambs at foot) averaged €85 to a max €130 for 1 blackface ewe with 2 ewe lambs at foot.