Thursday, February 27th saw just over 140 cattle go under the hammer at Blessington Mart.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, a mart spokesperson said: “A lively trade for all classes, especially those nice quality store cattle.”
- Continental store bullocks - €400-€765 over;
- HE/AA store bullocks - €335-€535 over;
- Friesian store bullocks - €170-€370 over;
- Continental store heifers - €400-€690 over;
- HE/AA heifers - €300-€470 over;
- Beef cows - €330-€670 over;
- Feeding cows - €100-€300 over.
- Friesian bulls - €50-€130/head;
- Friesian-cross bulls - €200-€500/head;
- HE/AA bulls - €160-€280/head;
- HE/AA heifers - €140-€300/head;
- Continental bulls - €160-€340/head;
- Continental heifers - €120-€300/head.
Image source: Blessington Mart \ Facebook