A smaller entry of calves went under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart on Tuesday (May 7th); however, a good trade was generated through the presence of farmers and exporters, according to George Candler.
A top call of €455 was recorded for a six-week-old Belgian-Blue heifer calf.
- 1st-rate Friesian bulls - €100-€240/head;
- 2nd-rate Friesian bulls - €40-€90/head;
- Continental bulls - €180-€400/head;
- Continental heifers - €80-€455/head;
- Aberdeen-Angus/ Hereford bulls - €90-€390/head;
- Aberdeen-Angus/Hereford heifers - €40-€270/head.