350 lots were offered for sale at Kilkenny Mart’s sheep sale on Monday (July 8th), according to George Candler – the mart’s auctioneer.
“Another small yard of sheep but on the plus side, trade was sharper compared to last week with lambs peaking at €116 with cull ewes to a top call of €135/head.”
Butcher Lambs - €2.10-€2.20/kg or €107-€116/head
- X10 55kg - €116 - €2.11/kg;
- X10 52kg - €110 - €2.12/kg;
- X12 45kg - €98 - €2.18/kg;
- X10 – 43kg - €95 - €2.21/kg.
Store Lambs - €2.10-€2.25/kg or €75-€92/head
- X10 41kgs - €91 - €2.22/kg;
- X8 40kg - €84 - €2.10/kg;
- X10 39kg - €82 - €2.10/kg;
- X8 37kg - €78 – €2.11/kg.