480 calves were offered for sale at Kilkenny Mart on Tuesday (April 16th), according to George Candler – Auctioneer.
He said “another quality yard of calves met a good selling trade with exporters and farmers active.”
- 1st rate Friesian bulls - €80-€190/head;
- 2nd rate Friesian bulls - €20-€80/head;
- Continental bulls - €140-€330/head;
- Continental heifers - €100-€300/head;
- Aberdeen-Angus/Hereford bulls - €80-€280/head;
- Aberdeen-Angus/Hereford heifers - €70-€290/head.
600 sheep were presented for sale at the venue on Monday, according to Candler.
“A bigger sale of hoggets and lambs met a solid trade resulting in a 100% clearance.” He outlined.
Spring lambs - €2.60-€3.05/kg or €124-€131/head
- X14 49kgs - €130;
- X20 46kg - €128;
- X10 44kg - €131;
- X15 43kg - €125.
Butcher Hoggets - €2.10-€2.55/kg or €110-€130/head
- X11 60kg - €128;
- X10 53kg - €125;
- X14 50kg - €115;
- X10 47kg - €120.
- Cast Ewes - €70-€133/head.
- Freshly-calved FR cows - €950-€1,820/head;
- FR maiden heifers - €630-€620/head.