Some 700 lots went under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart’s cattle sale on Thursday, December 5th, according to George Candler.
The auctioneer reported an improved trade for quality continentals.
“Confidence appears to have returned to the livestock sector with customers anxious to secure stock before the end of the year.”
- 600kgs plus - €1.60-€2.20/kg or €860-€1,400/head;
- 500-600kgs - €1.50-€2.35/kg or €740-€1,290/head;
- 400-500kgs - €1.40-€2.55/kg or €580-€1,145/head;
- <400kg - €1.45-€2.75/kg or €560-€870/head.
- First-grade FR cull cows - €0.90-€1.30/head;
- Second-grade FR cull cows - €0.70-€1.05/kg;
- Continental cull cows - €1.25-€1.65/kg.
- Beef heifers - €1.75-€2.15/kg or €1,060-€1,270/head;
- Forward stores - €1.70-€2.60/kg or €780-€1,130/head;
- Light stores - €1.65-€2.70/kg or €580-€1,065/head.
- In-calf entries - €950-€1,360/head;
- In-calf suckler heifers - €1,360-€1,520/head.