Thursday, December 19th saw some 420 lots go under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart.
Speaking following the sale, the mart’s auctioneer, George Candler, said: “The last sale of 2019 was a small affair, but prices were well-maintained at last week’s returns. Beef animals were in short supply.”
“Hopefully, next year in the cattle industry, there will be more positivity,” Candler added.
- 600kg+ - €1.75-€2.00kg or €1,080-€1,420/head;
- 500-600kg – €1.60-€2.50/kg or €820-€1,275;
- 400-500kg - €1.50-€2.50/kg or €550-€1,160;
- <400kgs - €1.45-€2.51/kg or €450-€990/head.
- 1st-grade FR - €1.10-€1.35/kg;
- 2nd-grade FR - €0.70-€1.10/kg;
- Continentals - €1.20-€1.90/kg.
- Beef-types - €1.80-€2.02/kg or €1,040-€1,250/head;
- Forward stores - €1.85-€2.21/kg or €900-€1,090;
- Light stores - €1.60-€2.50/kg or €480-€830/head.