Sheep numbers are remaining small at Kilkenny Mart with some 300 lots going under the hammer on Monday (March 4th), according to George Candler – auctioneer.
Trade has steadied and, in some cases, heavy hoggets increased by €2-€5/head on last week’s returns, he added.
Butcher Lambs - €2.10-€2.40/kg or €118-€130/head
- X15 – 59kgs - €125 - €2.12/kg;
- X20 – 56kgs - €126 - €2.25/kg;
- X10 – 55kgs - €130 - €2.36/kg;
- X24 – 51kgs - €122 - €2.39/kg.
Factory Lambs - €2.20-€2.50/kg or €98-€121/head
- X17 – 50kgs - €121 - €2.42/kg;
- X11 – 47kgs - €107 - €2.28/kg;
- X12 – 43kg - €105- €2.44/kg;
- X10 – 40kgs - €100 - €2.50/kg.
Store Lambs - €2.35-€2.55/kg or €80-€100/head
- X10 – 39kgs - €98 - €2.51/kg;
- X8 – 37kgs - €94 - €2.54/kg;
- X12 – 35kgs - €85 - €2.43/kg;
- X12 – 33kgs - €83 - €2.52/kg.
- Cast Ewes - €20-€118/head.
“In the dairy ring, trade is showing the confidence that is present for all involved in this sector of agriculture,” George said.
- In-calve FR cows and heifers - €1,200-€1,450/head
- Freshly-calved Friesians - €1,300-€1,940/head.