400 calves went under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart on Tuesday (April 30th), according to George Candler.
“A bigger sale of calves compared to last week but quality not of the same high standard as other weeks.”
“6 to 7 exporters kept a floor on the trade as farmer buyers were only interested in quality lots.”
- 1st-rate Friesian bulls - €80-€180/head;
- 2nd-rate Friesian bulls - €30-€90/head;
- Continental bulls - €120-€365/head
- Continental heifers - €100-€230/head;
- Aberdeen-Angus/Hereford bulls - €80-€250/head;
- Aberdeen-Angus/Hereford heifers – €70-€220/head.