Trade was "very brisk" for quality in-spec lots at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, December 5th, according to Ann Harkin.
"There was an excellent entry of cattle at Raphoe for the time of year. All cattle have now improved in price." the manager explained as she noted that plainer-types also met with an improved trade.
- Bulls/bullocks made from €1.90/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Heifers sold from €1.90/kg to €2.50/kg.
- Bulls over 600 kgs - €500 to €770 over;
- Beef bullocks - €620 to €730 over;
- Store bullocks - €350 to €585 over;
- Beef heifers - €500 to €680 over;
- Store heifers - €300 to €660 over;
- Cull cows - €600/head to €1435/head.