There was a bigger sale of sheep than in previous weeks in Blessington Mart on Tuesday (April 28th), according to a mart spokesperson.
The spokesperson reported that hogget prices were back €5/head, but trade remained steady for all other classes.
- Spring lambs - €120-€134/head - €80-€85 over;
- Fat hoggets - €118-€130/head - €70-€85 over;
- Store hoggets - €70 to €110/head;
- Fate ewes - €124-€137/head;
- Store ewes - €60-€115/head;
- Suffolk ewe hoggets – up to €150/head.
Image source: Blessington Mart \ Facebook