Headford Mart reported a firm trade with a 97% clearance rate for cattle on Saturday.
Speaking to That’s Farming, Joe Wynne, Manager of Headford Mart said:
“Cattle improved by €20-30/head. 340 cattle went under the hammer. Sheep also met with a good trade and they improved by €3-4/head.” Joe Wynne told Catherina Cunnane of That’s Farming.
- Bullocks made from €400 to €900 over the kg or €1.60 to €2.46 per KG.
- Store Heifers made from €500 to €980 over the kg or €1.96 to €2.61 per KG.
- Weanling heifers made from €400 to €900 over the kg or €2.00 to €3.04 per KG.
- Weanling bulls made from €320 to €960 over the kg or €1.80 to €3.32 per KG.
- Cull cows made from €600 to €1700. Sucklers made from €900 up to €1850.
Lambs made from €100 to €127 or €1.73 to €2.37 per KG.
- 10 lambs 54kg €125
- 9 lambs 57kg €127
- 10 lambs 45kg €108
Cull ewes made from €60 up to €110. In-Lamb ewes made from €150 to €170.
Big numbers of continental type Bullocks, Heifers and Weanlings, required for feedlot buyers and s every week.
Saturday, March 3rd: Special Entry of 40 in-lamb ewes, (2nd, 3rd & 4th crop), due from March 7th to Texel Ram.
Saturday, March 10th: Spring Cattle Show & Sale for Bullocks, Heifers & Weanlings.
All stock pre-booked. Contact 093-35572 or 093-35551.