Headford Mart continued trading on Saturday (March 21st), thanks to the co-operation of everyone during the current pandemic, according to Joe Wynne.
“We would like to thank everyone for their cooperation during this difficult time. We are continuing to put restrictions in place to ensure safety for all our customers and staff during the Covid-19 pandemic.”
- Bullocks ranged from €1.47 to €2.96/kg or €225 to €935 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a CHX - 765kg - €1700 - €2.22/kg and top price/kg – LMX - 270kg - €800 - €2.96/kg.
- Heifers sold from €1.57 to €2.63/kg or €180 to €770 over the kg - Top price over the kg a LMX - 600kg - €1370 - €2.28/kg and top price/kg – CHX - 295kg - €775 - €2.63/kg.
- Weanling heifers climbed from €2.03 to €3.19/kg or €345 to €515 over the kg - top price over the kg – LMX - 355kg - €870 - €3.44/kg and top price/kg - 2 CHX - 185kg - €590 - €3.19/kg.
- Weanling bulls pushed from €2.07 to €3.25/kg or €370 to €615 over the kg - top price over the kg – CHX - 445kg - €1060 - €2.38/kg and top price/kg - 3 CHX - 200kg - €650 - €3.25/kg.
- Cull cows traded from €610 to €1335 for 7-year-old - SIX - 805kg.
- Suckler cows clicked from €670 to €1290 - 3-year-old BBX cow with LMX Sept ’19 calf at foot.
Hoggets went under the hammer from €90-€140 or €2.23 to €2.58/kg. Ewes with lamb at foot made up to €202 and cull ewes earned up to €95.
- 50kg - €129, €2.58/kg;
- 56kg - €140, €2.50/kg;
- 50kg - €122, €2.44/kg;
- 48.5kg - €118, €2.43/kg;
- 54kg - €130, €2.41/kg;
- 38kg - €90, €2.37/kg.