- Bullocks ranged from €1.52-€2.10/kg or €320-€700 over the kg at Headford Mart’s first sale of 2020 on Saturday, January 4th. Top price over the kg – a CHX - 640kg - €1340 - €2.09/kg and top price per kg – a LMX - 525kg - €1100 - €2.10/kg.
- Heifers climbed from €1.70-€2.33/kg or €370-€645 over the kg - top price over the kg – a CHX - 535kg - €1180 - €2.21/kg and top price per kg – a LMX - 485kg - €1130 - €2.33/kg.
- Weanling heifers pushed from €2.03-€2.91/kg or €335-€520 over the kg - top price over the kg – a LMX - 365kg - €885 - €2.42/kg and top price per kg – a CHX - 220kg - €640 - €2.91/kg.
- Weanling bulls clicked from €2.08-€2.75/kg or €355-€560 over the kg - top price over the kg and per kg – a LMX - 320kg - €880 - €2.75/kg.
Cull cows and suckler entries
Cull cows went under the hammer from €835 to €1330 for a 6-year-old CHX. In-calf cows fetched from €1000 to €1090.
Ewes sold from €135 to €170, while rams peaked at €100. Lambs ranged from €90-€126 or €2.21-€2.37/kg;
- 38kg - €90 - €2.37/kg;
- 47kg - €110 - €2.34/kg;
- 56kg - €126 - €2.25/kg;
- 44.5kg - €100 - €2.25/kg;
- 49kg - €110 - €2.24/kg;
- 43kg - €95 - €2.21/kg.