- Bullocks ranged from €1.31 to €2.56 per kg or €120 to €785 over the kg at Headford Mart’s last sale of 2019, which was held on Saturday, December 14th - Top price over the kg - a LMX - 575kg - €1360 - €2.37/kg and top price per kg - a CHX - 500kg - €1280 - €2.56/kg. 1st-prize went to a CHX - 605kg - €1370 - €2.26/kg.
- Heifers ranged from €1.56 to €2.58 per kg or €220 to €650 over the kg - Top price over the kg - X2 CHX - 560kg - €1210 - €2.16/kg (1st-prize) and a CHX - 490kg - €1140 - €2.33/kg. Top price per kg - a LMX - 310kg - €800 - €2.58/kg.
- Weanling heifers climbed from €1.75 to €3.28 per kg or €220 to €660 over the kg - Top price on the day for both €/kg and € over kg - a LMX - 290kg - €950 - €3.28/kg. 1st-prize went to LM - 355kg - €950 - €2.68/kg.
- Weanling bulls clicked from €1.33 to €3.34 per kg or €150 to €600 over the kg - Top price over the kg - a CHX - 385kg - €985 - €2.56/kg and top price per kg - a CHX - 190kg - €635 - €3.34/kg - 1st-prize went to a LMX - 380kg - €950, €2.42/kg.
Cull cows and suckler pairings
- Cull cows ranged from €620 to €1,350 for an 8-year-old CHX.
- Suckler entries went under the hammer from €780 to €1350 - a price that was paid for a cow and calf pairing.
Cull ewes made from €45 to €93, while lambs fetched from €65 up to €114 or €1.90 to €2.28 per kg.
- 56kg - €114 - €2.04/kg (2nd-prize butcher);
- 54kg - €112 - €2.07 (1st-prize butcher);
- 51kg - €112 - €2.20 (1st factory);
- 39kg - €89 - €2.28/kg;
- 41kg - €93 - €2.27/kg;
- 42kg - €95 - €2.26/kg.
Winners of the Christmas Cracker Sale:
- Bullock: Julia Halloran, Carnakib, Headford;
- Heifers: Bartley Dunne, Ballinahalla, Moycullen;
- Weanling heifer: John Varley, Crevagh, Cong;
- Weanling bull: David Molloy, Toorard, Headford.
- 1st-prize: Julia Halloran, Carnakib, Headford;
- 2nd-prize: Michael Skerritt, Tumnahulla, Corrandulla.
- 1st-prize: Padraic Coen, Kilcahill, Claregalway;
- 2nd-prize: Áine King, Crossan, Headford.