Quality lots were in demand at Raphoe Mart’s cattle sale on Thursday (October 3rd), according to Ann Harkin.
“There was a great show of cattle with customers competing hard to purchase these.”
She noted that quality in-spec animals sold for up to €2.60/kg. while lighter, plainer cattle are “more difficult to sell”, ranging from €1.60/kg to €2.00/kg.
- Bulls/bullocks made from €1.80/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €1.90/kg to €2.60/kg.
- Bulls over 600 kgs - €570 to €620 over;
- Beef bullocks - €580 to €760 over;
- Store bullocks - €350 to €800 over;
- Beef heifers - €450 to €710 over;
- Store heifers - €300 to €755 over;
- Dry cows - €500 to €1480 each.
Harkin said that there was a “great show” of weanlings for the weanling sale at the Donegal-based on Tuesday (October 1st).
“Quality weanlings were in demand with plenty of buyers around the ring.”
“Strong bull weanlings over 450 kgs sold from €2.00/kg to €2.20/kg while lighter lots sold up to €2.70/kg.”
“Heifers were a great trade also with quality heifers selling up to €2.80/kg.”
Image source: Raphoe Livestock Mart \ Facebook