Carnew Mart’s first sale under coronavirus restriction rules saw a sombre mood around the ring, according to David Quinn.
The mart manager pointed out that customers co-operated and were satisfied to be in a position to trade, despite circumstances.
Saturday, March 14th saw some 1,280 entries, along with 430 calves go under the hammer. “The trade was very strong, similar to last week with excellent demand leading to a full clearance.”
“Friesian store cows were lower in price than last week, but continental cows continued to sell at last week’s rates.” Quinn added.
- Bullocks over 600KG - €550 - €880 over or €1.90-€2.32/kg;
- Continental bullocks under 600KG - €450 - €780 over or €2.05-€2.78/kg;
- Friesian bulls - €210-€560 over - €1.45-€1.88/kg;
- Beef heifers - €530 - €860 over or €1.85-€2.41/kg;
- Continental store heifers - €430-€810 over - €2.03-€2.42/kg;
- HE/ AA store heifers - €290 - €470 over or €1.82-€2.25/kg;
- Beef cows - €310 - €750 over;
- Store cows - €50 under - €380 over.