A similar number of cattle went under the hammer at Ennis Mart this week, with a 96% clearance rate reported, a figure which can be reflected in the strong demand for weanlings. Calf numbers doubled, with Friesian bull calves generally made €55 to €80 for younger calves and stronger calves making €80-€150; Continental bull calves made to €400 and Continental heifer calves made from €320-€490. Hereford and Angus bull calves made €170 to €340 and heifer calves of these traditional breeds made €160 to €330.
Again, weanling bulls and heifers similar in numbers trade for bulls very strong with trade up to €30 per head dearer than previous weeks. The sale topper in the weanling heifers category led the sale at €3.64/kg.
SUCKLER & DAIRY STOCK
Some nice quality dairy stock made from €1,025 to €1,470. In-calf suckler stock made to €1,540 with pairs making to €2,240 for an exceptional Limousin cow with a heifer calf at foot.
- 1 BB 295kgs - €960 - €3.25/kg
- 1 LIM 475kgs - €1,150 - €2.42/kg
- 1 CH 335kgs - €1125 - €3.36/kg
- 1 CH 297kgs - €890 - €2.99/kg
- 2 CH 425kgs - €1310 - €3.08/kg
- 2 LIM 450kgs - €1,200 - €2.67/kg
- 1 LIM 400kgs - €1,115 - €2.67/kg
- 1 LIM 195kgs - €620 - €3.18/kg
- 1 LIM 290kgs - €875 - €3.02/kg
- 1 CH 395kgs - €1190 - €3.01/kg
- 1 CH 280kgs - €820 - €2.93/kg
- 2 CH 385kgs - €1,060 - €2.75/kg
- 1 CH 185kgs - €550 - €2.97/kg
- 1 LM 405kgs - €1,050 - €2.59/kg
- 1 BB 330kgs - €1,200 - €3.64/kg
- 1 CH 545kgs - €1200 - €2.20/kg
Hoggets improved by €7 per head up to €135 or to €76 over their weight, while cull ewes made from €70 to €110.
Photo via Facebook page of Clare Marts.