Numbers are beginning to fall off at Ennis, as 580 entries went under the hammer on Tuesday (November 27th), according to a mart spokesperson.
“Trade holding good in the bulls with the exception of the average quality heavy bulls. Heifers easier but quality lots holding strong.” The spokesperson said.
Runners were a solid trade with heifers topping out at €680 and bulls selling to €780.
There was good demand for quality suckling stock with in-calf heifer served to Limousin with time up leading the sale at €2,120 and pairs topping at €1,800.
- 1 LM - 295kgs - €830 - €2.81/kg;
- 1 LM - 250kgs - €760 - €3.04/kg;
- 1 CHX - 340kgs - €1,055 - €3.10/kg;
- 1 LM - 360kgs - €900 - €2.50/kg;
- 1 LMX - 355kgs - €1,005 - €2.83/kg;
- 1 CHX - 390kgs - €1,000 - €2.56/kg;
- 1 CHX- 455kgs - €1,045 - €2.30/kg;
- 1 PTX - 295kgs - €785 - €2.66/kg.
- 1 LM - 260kgs - €765 - €2.94/kg;
- 2 LM- 332kgs - €885 - €2.66/kg;
- 1 LMX - 310kgs - €1,160 - €3.74/kg;
- 2 CH - 292kgs - €735 - €2.51/kg;
- 1 CH - 320kgs - €830 - €2.59/kg;
- 3 CH - 406kgs - €980 - €2.41/kg.
Hogget trade improved again by about €2/hd with a top call of €114 for a pen of 12 at 52kgs, the spokesperson outlined. Cull ewes made €92 to €103.