While numbers were smaller at Ennis on Tuesday (June 18th), trade was "very strong with some top-quality stock on offer" according to a spokesperson.
Demand was "very strong" for a clearance sale of dairy cows with a top price of €1,500 recorded.
In the suckler ring, cows with calves at foot climbed to €2,080, while calves topped out at €390.
- 1 LM 370kgs - €1,150 - €3.10/kg;
- 1 CH 300kgs - €930 - €3.10/kg;
- 1 LM 450kgs - €1,200 - €2.66/kg;
- 1 CH 405kgs - €1,100 - €2.71/kg;
- 1 CH 405kgs - €1,145 - €2.82/kg;
- 1 LM 400kgs - €1,060 - €2.65/kg.
- 1 LM 315kgs - €1,090 - €3.46/kg;
- 1 CH 370kgs - €990 - €2.67/kg;
- 1 LM 355kgs - €930 - €2.61/kg;
- 1 CH 327kgs - €975 - €2.98/kg.
A bigger number of sheep met with a slightly quieter trade than last week, the spokeperson outlined.