With a larger entry on offer, trade held steady at Ennis Mart on Tuesday (August 20th), according to a mart spokesperson.
“Shipping and farmer activity for bulls and farmer activity for heifers; the quality lots in both bulls and heifers are still attracting very strong interest.”
“Big increase in runner numbers and these meet a cracking trade overall. The best-selling weanlings are bulls 300kgs- 430kgs and heifers 300kgs-400kgs.” the spokesperson added.
Runner heifers hit a high of €780 while runner bulls topped out at €825; suckler pairings sold to €1,440.
- 1 CH - 295kgs - €850 - €2.88/kg;
- 1 CHX - 400kgs - €985 - €2.46/kg;
- 1 CH - 345kgs - €980 - €2.84/kg;
- 1 LMX - 410kgs - €965 - €2.35/kg;
- 1 LIM - 355kgs - €900 - €2.54/kg;
- 1 CHX - 445kgs - €1,010 - €2.27/kg;
- 1 CH - 330kgs - €875 - €2.65/kg;
- 1 LMX - 530kgs - €1,105 - €2.08/kg.
- 1 CH - 270kgs - €860 - €3.19/kg;
- 1 LMX - 435kgs - €1,150 - €2.64/kg;
- 1 LM - 340kgs - €950 - €2.79/kg;
- 1 LMX - 400kgs - €970 - €2.42/kg;
- 1 LM - 255kgs - €780 - €3.06/kg;
- 1 CH - 340kgs - €840 - €2.47/kg;
- 2 CHX - 327kgs - €840 - €2.56/kg;
- 2 CH - 248kgs - €670 - €2.76/kg.
Sheep met with an easier trade, according to a spokesperson; they ranged from €90 to €100 with a top call of €115 recorded for entries 57kgs.
“Culls still holding a very strong trade and made to €110; a small entry of ewes and lambs and these made to €180 for pairs.”