Just over 500 lots were offered for sale at Ennis Mart’s autumn-born weanling sale on Tuesday (July 9th), according to a spokesperson.
“Some fabulous quality on offer; a lot of the bulls were 380kgs to 500kgs and well done with meal.”
The spokesperson noted that in general, bulls were back about 15c/kg on last year but entries over 500kgs were easier by 6c/kg.
“Heifers were a similar story and prices back on 12 months from 7c/kg to 15c/kg.” the spokesperson added.
SUCKLERS AND CALVES
With good demand for quality suckler pairings, a top call of €1,770 was recorded, while “a small entry of calves meet a strong trade all-round.”
- 1 CHX - 385kgs - €1,105 - €2.87/kg;
- 2 CHX - 317kgs - €955 - €3.01/kg;
- 1 LMX - 375kgs - €1,020 - €2.72/kg;
- 1 BBX - 465kgs - €1,300 - €2.79/kg;
- 1 CHX - 380kgs - €1,000 - €2.63/kg;
- 1 BBX - 520kgs - €1,430 - €2.75/kg;
- 1 LMX - 340kgs - €1,000 - €2.94/kg;
- 1 CHX - 400kgs - €1,120 - €2.80/kg.
- 1 LMX - 285kgs - €800 - €2.81/kg;
- 1 AAX - 510kgs - €1,000 - €1.96/kg;
- 1 BBX - 385kgs - €1,570 - €4.08/kg;
- 1 LMX - 375kgs - €960 - €2.56/kg;
- 1 LMX - 365kgs - €1,070 - €2.98/kg;
- 1 LMX - 380kgs - €1,060 - €2.79/kg;
- 1 BBX - 410kgs - €1,120 - €2.73/kg;
- 1 LMX - 415kgs - €1,070 - €2.52/kg.
Lambs were a similar trade to last week, the spokesperson said; they generally made from €100 to a top price of €117, while cull ewes ranged from €53 to €114.