Over 1,000 entries passed through the ring at Ennis Mart on Tuesday (April 23rd), according to a mart spokesperson.
“Trade was similar to last week all-round with no great change. Not quite as many buyers around, but trade held firm with farmers and shippers in the bull weanling ring and heifers dominated by feeders and farmers.” The spokesperson noted.
A smaller number of calves were on offer; however, trade remained firm with “a good deal of shipping activity”.
Suckler pairs led the sale at €1,900, while dairy entries topped out at €1,330.
- 1 CH - 295kgs - €915 - €3.10/kg;
- 2 LMX - 287kgs - €905 - €3.15/kg;
- 4 LMX - 296kgs - €900 - €3.04/kg;
- 1 CHX - 445kgs - €1,130 - €2.56/kg;
- 1 CHX - 375kgs - €1,090 - €2.91/kg;
- 1 LM - 320kgs - €1,020 - €3.19/kg;
- 1 CH - 400kgs - €1,095 - €2.74/kg;
- 2 LMX - 572kgs - €1,380 - €2.41/kg.
- 1 LMX - 295kgs - €850 - €2.88/kg;
- 1 LM - 355kgs - €960 - €2.70/kg;
- 1 LMX - 380kgs - €1,015 - €2.67/kg;
- 1 CHX - 475kgs - €1,370 - €2.88/kg;
- 2 CHX - 397kgs - €1,000 - €2.52/kg;
- 1 LM - 430kgs - €1,075 - €2.50/kg;
- 1 CH - 355kgs - €940 - €2.65/kg;
- 1 CH - 345kgs - €960 - €2.70/kg.
Spring lamb met a similar trade, with up to €135 recorded for entries weighing 50kgs; hoggets peaked at €126, while cull ewes climbed to €119 and ewes with lambs at foot pushed up to €195.