A 95% clearance was recorded at Headford Mart on Saturday (June 20th), according to Joe Wynne, who reported a “good” trade.
“Increased numbers of cattle coming out and good action from the ringside and online was recorded for cattle trade.” the mart manager explained.
- Bullocks ranged from €1.50-€2.71/kg or €190 to €720 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a CHX - 560kg - €1280 - €2.29/kg and a LMX - 610kg - €1330 - €2.18/kg. Top price per kg – a LMX - 295kg - €800 - €2.71/kg;
- Heifers climbed from €1.38-€2.63/kg or €110-€710 over the kg - Top price over the kg – a CHX - 490kg - €1200 - €2.45/kg and LMX - 630kg - €1340 - €2.13/kg. Top price per kg – a BAX - 395kg - €1040 - €2.63/kg;
- Weanling heifers went under the hammer from €1.94-€2.69/kg or €310- €490 over the kg. Top price over the kg – a LMX - 360kg - €850 - €2.36/kg and top price per kg - a CHX - 245kg - €660 - €2.69/kg;
- Weanling bulls fetched from €2.25-€2.69/kg or €525-€660 over the kg - Top price over the kg and per kg – a LMX - 390kg - €1050 - €2.69/kg;
- Cull cows sold from €730 to €1,650 for a 6-year-old CHX weighing 770kg;
- Suckler pairings climbed from €845 to €1580 for a 7-year-old LMX cow with an April-born LMX bull calf at foot.
Spring lambs made from €94-€112 or €2.24-€2.54/kg;
- 37kg - €94 - €2.54/kg;
- 44.5kg - €108 - €2.43/kg;
- 45.5kg - €110 - €2.42/kg;
- 46kg - €110 - €2.39/kg;
- 50kg - €112 - €2.24/kg;
- 47kg - €112 - €2.38/kg.
- Cull ewes peaked at €80, while ewes with lambs at foot topped out at €300.