Some 865 cattle and 80 calves were offered for sale at Carnew Mart on Saturday (November 2nd), according to David Quinn – manager.
“Plenty of farmer customers for quality stores saw a full clearance and prices were similar to last week.”
- Beef & forward bullocks: €550-€860 over;
- Continental store bullocks: €440-€750 over;
- Hereford/Aberdeen-Angus bullocks: €310-€620 over;
- Friesian store bullocks: €80-€340 over;
- Beef heifers: €480-€810 over;
- Store heifers: €260-€675 over;
- Store cows (Friesian): €200 under to €150 over;
- Store cows (Continentals): €50 under to €280 over;
- Beef cows: €200 to € 560 over;
- Cows with calves at foot: €1100-€1580;
- Friesian bull calves: €20-€115;
- Continental bull calves: €215-€390;
- Continental heifer calves: €110-€340.