Some 400 cattle and 60 calves were offered for sale at Carnew Mart on Saturday (August 3rd), according to David Quinn.
“Trade similar to last week with plenty of farmer customers; best demand for quality stores.”
Quinn noted that dry cows, both stores and beef-types, met a very brisk trade for both stores, while bulls met a slightly improved trade with exporters more active.
- Beef bullocks - €500 to €870 over;
- Continental store bullocks - €380 to €710 over;
- Friesian bullock - €80 to €470 over;
- Weanling bulls - €380 to €730 over;
- Beef heifers - €480 to €810 over;
- Store heifers - €250 to €680 over;
- Beef cows - €310 to €640 over;
- Store cows - €30 under to €360 over.