A top call of €4.50/kg was recorded for a Belgian-Blue bull weanling weighing 350kg at Carnew Mart on Wednesday (April 10th).
He was acquired by an exporter for €1,590; some 140 sucklers and 800 weanlings and store cattle went under the hammer, according to David Quinn – Manager.
- Export Bulls - €2.40 – €3.05/kg with tops of €4.50/kg;
- Feeding Bulls- €1.90-€2.37/kg;
- Export Heifers - €2.32-€3.00/kg.
- Feeding Heifers - €1.82 -2.55/kg;
- Cows with calves at foot - €1000- €1980;
- In-calve entries - €900 - €1460.
140 entries passed through the ring at the mart’s dairy sale on Thursday (April 11th), with a strong trade leading to a full clearance.
- Freshly Calved Hfrs – €1200 – €1780;
- Freshly Calved Cows – €1100 – €1480;
- Springing Cows– €900 – €1220;
- Bulling Hfrs & Yearling Hfrs – €550 – €750.
Pedigree Bull Sale
Bulls sold for €1600 - €2600 at its pedigree bull sale on Thursday (April 11th).
“There was good demand especially for Limousin, Charolais, Aberdeen-Angus and Hereford-types,” Quinn outlined.