A bigger entry of calves/runners went under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart on Monday, July 13th, according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer reported a good trade for all lots with a top call of €470 recorded for a Belgian Blue heifer.
“The trade was helped by the presence of farmers, exporters and a few north of Ireland buyers.”
“The extension of compulsory TB testing from 6 weeks to 120 days is helping to flush out more calves. Buyers still remaining active as we enter mid-July.” Candler added.
- 1st-rate Friesian bulls - €120-€270/head;
- 2nd-rate Friesian bulls - €60-€120/head;
- Continental bulls - €200-€385/head;
- Continental heifers - €170-€470/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford bulls - €160-€390/head;
- Aberdeen Angus/Hereford heifers - €110-€350/head.