With some 148 cattle on offer, trade remained steady for most types at Blessington Mart on Thursday (August 8th), according to a spokesperson.
“A lot of uncertainty among farmers about the stronger cattle.” the spokesperson added.
- Store bullocks over 500kgs - €460-€710 over;
- Store bullocks over 400kgs - €400-€625 over;
- Store bullocks over 300kgs - €285-€420 over;
- Store heifers over 400kgs - €360-€480 over;
- Store heifers over 300kgs - €270-€410 over;
- Beef cows - €185-€340 over;
- Feeding cows - €100-€180 over.
- Continental bulls - €180-€300/head;
- Continental heifers - €140-€240/head;
- Hereford and Aberdeen-Angus bulls - €160-€280/head;
- Hereford and Aberdeen-Angus heifers - €100-€225/head.
Image source: Blessington Mart \ Facebook