Some 294 cattle passed through the ring at Blessington Mart on Thursday, November 7th, according to a spokesperson.
“Trade similar to last week for all classes.” the spokesperson said following the general cattle sale.
- Beef and forward-store bullocks: €550-€815 over;
- Store bullocks over 500kgs - €460-€720 over;
- Store bullocks over 400kgs - €370-€540 over;
- Store bullocks over 300kgs - €280-€485 over;
- Beef and butcher heifers - €440-€700 over;
- Store heifers over 400kgs - €330-€540 over;
- Store heifers over 300kgs - €300-€465 over;
- Beef cows - €200-€480 over;
- Feeding cows - €100 under to €200 over.
- Friesian bulls - €40-€100/head;
- HE/AA bulls - €120-€240/head;
- HE/AA heifers - €160-€185/head;
- Continental bulls – €160-€350 over;
- Continental heifers - €160-€280 over.
Image source: Blessington Mart \ Facebook