Some 168 cattle and 28 calves passed through the ring at Blessington Mart on Thursday (August 1st), according to a spokesperson.
Speaking following the general cattle, the spokesperson said: “Similar trade to last week for all classes.”
- Store bullocks over 500kgs - €470-€685 over;
- Store bullocks over 400kgs - €365-€510 over;
- Store bullocks over 300kgs - €300-€440 over;
- Beef heifers - €440-€615 over;
- Store heifers over 400kgs - €370-€470 over;
- Store heifers over 300kgs - €300-€430 over;
- Beef cows - €280-€580 over;
- Feeding cows - €100-€260 over.
- Continental bulls - €180-€300/head;
- Continental heifers - €140-€240/head;
- Hereford and Aberdeen-Angus bulls - €160-€280/head;
- Hereford and Aberdeen-Angus heifers - €100-€255/head.
Image source: Blessington Mart \ Facebook