Bigger numbers were on offer this week, following the adverse weather conditions. According to Joe Kinsella, this resulted in a complete clearance of all stock. The manager noted that all sorts of hoggets fetched up to €2.50 per KG and met with strong demand; heavier ewes clicked up to €1.70 per KG, a trade that was driven by factory buyers.
- 5kg made €116
- 50kg made €120
- 47kg made €119
- 45kg made €118
- 40kg made €106
- 26kg made €67
- 30kg made €77
- 33kg made €88
- 34kg made €87
- 38kg made €100
A special spring sale with a very brisk trade all-round. Prices were driven by farmer demand, resulting in a complete clearance, according to Joe Kinsella.
Heavier continental bullocks making up to €2.40 per KG; a Limousin bullock weighing 615 KG, selling for €1450.
Lively trade for all types of store cattle and those types sold to €2.70/KG according to Joe Kinsella.
- Charolais Bullock, 610 KG made €1400
- Hereford Bullock, 560 KG made €1270
- Limousin Bullock, 525 KG made €1240
- Angus Bullock, 560 KG made €1210
- Simmental Bullock, 505 KG made €1210
- Simmental Bullock, 395 KG made €1130
- Charolais Bullock, 392 KG made €1040
- Limousin Heifer, 392 KG made €990