Cattle and sheep numbers were on a par with the previous week at Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart on Wednesday, according to mart manager, Tom McGuire.
“Trade is still on the quieter side, probably partially due to the shortage of grass and the uncertainty surrounding the factory prices.” The manager noted.
- A Belgian Blue-X 635 kg - €1345 or €2.12/kg;
- A Charolais 370 kg - €1045 or €2.82/kg;
- A Hereford-X 525 kg - €1070 or €2.04/kg.
- A Limousin-x 415 kg - €1105 or €2.66/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus-X 385 kg - €1035 or €2.69/kg;
- A Charolais 325 kg - €1000 or €3.08/kg.
- Top price in the Weanling Bulls went to a Limousin 325 kg - €815 or €2.20/kg.
Dry Cows & Suckler Outfits
- Cull Cows: A Belgian Blue-X 775 kg - €1645 or €2.12/kg.
- Suckler Pairings: A Limousin cow with Charolais heifer calf at foot - €1480.
Sheep numbers were similar to last week, with the trade “firming up”, Tom McGuire said.
Store lambs made from €88 to €118; fat ewes ranged from €101 to a €116 and butcher lambs clicked from €112. to €132.
Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 12 noon at the latest. Customers are thanked for their co- operation.