A special Continental Bullock sale drew a “full yard of top quality stock to Ballinrobe on Wednesday”, according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
The manager reported a “smashing trade” throughout the day as there was a good attendance of customers around the ring on Wednesday (September 26th)
- 2 Charolais-crosses sold together - 628 kg - €1545.00 or €2.46/kg;
- A Charolais -cross - 590 kg- €1460.00 or €2.47/kg;
- 3 Limousin-crosses sold together - 475 kg - €1210.00 or €2.55/kg;
- An Aberdeen-Angus-X - 435 kg - €1080 or €2.48/kg.
- A Charolais-X - 595 kg - €1460.00 or €2.45/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 475 kg - €1235.00 or €2.60 /kg;
- An Aberdeen-Angus - 355 kg - €855.00 or €2.41/kg.
Cull Cows and Suckler Pairings
The best price in the Dry Cows went to a Charolais 670 kg - €1335.00 or €1.99/kg, while moving to the suckler ring, a top call of €1,510 was recorded for a LMX cow and her heifer calf at foot.
Store lambs made from €64.00- €88.00, while fat ewes pushed from €70.00 to €92.00 and ewe lambs ranged from €93.00 to €110.00.
Breeding sale will continue each Friday with special designated sales on Saturday.
A Special Continental Heifer sale will take place on Wednesday, October 10th.
Pre- booking for cattle each Thursday and Friday from 9am on (094 95 41140).
Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 10 am at the latest.