Cattle and sheep numbers were similar to last week on Wednesday (October 17th), at Ballinrobe Mart, according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
The manager noted there was an emphasis on quality lots, while plainer types were more difficult to sell.
- A Charolais-X - 585kg - €1,440 - €2.46/kg;
- 3 Limousin-X - sold together - 455 kg - €1145.00 or €2.52 per kg
- An Aberdeen Angus-X - 430 kg - €1090 or €2.53/kg.
- A Charolais-X - 475kg - €1,220 or €2.57/kg;
- A Limousin - 525kg - €1,385 - €2.64/kg;
- 3 Aberdeen Angus-X - 428kg - €1,125 - €2.63/kg.
Dry Cows & Suckler Pairings
- Dry Cows: Limousin - 815kg - €1,590 - €1.59/kg;
- Sucklers: A fourth-calved Charolais cow with Aberdeen Angus bull calf at foot - €1,585.
- Weanling Bulls: Charolais - 385kg - €1,145 - €2.97/kg;
- Weanling Heifers - Belgian Blue-X - 280kg - €885 - €3.16/kg.
Again, there were up on 2000 sheep on offer, Tom McGuire said. Store lambs made from €65.00 to €82.00; Ewe lambs clicked from €78-€118 and fat ewes climbed from €65-€102.
- Weanling sales will continue each Monday for the Autumn period. Remember pre- booking for Weanlings takes place each Thursday from 9 am and Store Cattle on Friday from 9am on (094 95 41140).
- On Wednesday (October 21st),16 Springers due early-2019 to pedigree Charolais will be offered for sale.
Image source: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart.