While there was a huge sale of cattle in Ballinrobe on Wednesday (November 7th), the sheep numbers were back for the first time this Autumn, according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
The manager said that trade remained very vibrant for the quality lots with the plainer cattle a much lesser trade.
- A Limousin-X - 505 kg - €1325 - €2.62/kg;
- A Charolais - 495 kg - €1290 or €2.61/kg;
- A Belgian Blue-X - 385 kg - €1065 - €2.77/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus-X - 370 kg - €905 - €2.45/kg.
- 2 Charolais sold together - 787 kg - €1800 - €2.29/kg;
- A Limousin-X - 575 kg - €1385 - €2.41/kg;
- A Limousin - 495 kg - €1295 or €2.62/kg.
Cull Cows & Suckler Pairing
- Dry Cows: A Limousin - 755 kg - €1340 or €1.77/kg;
- Suckler Pairing: A 3rd-calf cow with Charolais heifer calf at foot - €1470.
- Weanling Bulls: A Limousin - 295 kg - €995 - €3.37/kg;
- Weanling Heifers: A Charolais - 305 kg - €845 or €2.77/kg.
Sheep numbers were well back on the previous week with little or no change in the trade, Tom McGuire noted.
Store lambs made from €60-€82.00; Ewe lambs pushed from €84 - €112 and fat ewes clicked from €60 - €101.
The final Monday Weanling sale for 2018 will take place on Monday (November 12th). Weanlings will revert back to the Wednesdays for the remainder of the year.
Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 10 am at the latest.