A very big cattle sale in Ballinrobe on Wednesday last, with the 7-month stock retention period having a possible influence on the sale size, according to Tom McGuire - Manager.
He said that sheep numbers were similar to last week with prices holding firm despite adverse reports from factories.
- A Limousin-X 485 kg -€1275 - €2.63/kg;
- A Charolais - 575 kg -e €1320 or €2.30/kg;
- A Belgian Blue-X - 435 kg - €1095 or €2.52/kg;
- An Aberdeen Angus - 370 kg - €890 or €2.41/kg.
- 3 Charolais sold together - 508 kg - €1210 or €2.38/kg;
- A Simmental-Cross - 675 kg - €1410 or €2.09/kg;
- A Belgian Blue - 420 kg - €955 or €2.27/kg.
Dry Cows & Suckler Pairings
- Dry cows: Simmental-X - 855 kg - €1520 or €1.78/kg;
- Suckler Pairing: A Limousin-X cow with Charolais heifer calf at foot - €1665.
- Bulls: A Limousin-X - 285 kg - €860 or €3.02/kg;
- Heifers: A Charolais - 315 kg - €830 or €2.63/kg.
- Sheep numbers were very similar to the previous week with little or no change in the trade, Tom McGuire said.
- Store lambs made from €64 to €88, while ewe lambs pushed from €85 to €109 and fat ewes ranged from €64 to €92.
- A special sale of Continental heifers will take place on Wednesday, November 28th) commencing at 11.30 am - all upcoming sheep and cattle sales can be viewed on the mart’s website or Facebook page.
- Pre-booking Every Friday on 094 95 41140 from 9 am - Aurivo Livestock Mart wishes to advise sellers that all cattle must be penned by 10 am at the latest.